Behaviour change and Motivational Interviewing (MI)
This behaviour change and motivational interviewing course represents the latest information and approaches applied by clinicians and behavioural change therapists. This course is highly appropriate for fitness professionals and practitioners working with mainstream clients as well as special populations. This one day REPs accredited course will equip the learner with the key skills and practices to effectively develop and deploy a powerful behavioural change strategy with either groups or on a one to one basis, enabling your clients to more effectively achieve their goals and complete their rehabilitation. This 1 day course is taken from the L4 Obesity & Diabetes Management course and the setting is working with clients with obesity and chronic disease such as CVD and Diabetes.
Behaviour Change and MI Course Content:
The personal training course will develop the students understanding and practical application of behaviour change and will provide a solid platform for the individual to become a competent and behaviour change practitioner.
The course covers subjects including:
- Human behaviour and theoretical models of change
- The Transtheoretical Model (TTM)
- The Health Belief Model (HBM)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Motivational Interviewing in Practice
- Working with Ambivalence
- Developing Discrepancy
- The Poorly Motivated Client/Building Motivation
- Readiness to Change
- Increasing self-efficacy
- Identifying High Risk Situations
- Preventing Relapse
- Maintaining Progress
- The Cognitive-Behavioural Model of Relapse
- Intrapersonal Skills – Interpersonal Skills
- A Sample Course of Therapy
Continue Reading here
Visit Discovery UK for more information on full time personal training courses in london.