Full Time Personal Trainer Certificate Course Content:
Our Full Time Personal Trainer Certificate course will give you the foundation qualifications you need to enter the fitness indusrty. The course consists of Level 2 Gym Instructor and Level 3 Personal Trainer components taking only 5 weeks to complete. This course is also available in a part time format.
5 Personal Trainer Course Benefits with Discovery Learning
- CYQ Qualification (respected & recognised qualifications).
- Professionally designed Web site – essential for all new PT’s.
- First month of professional insurance free.
- Two FREE REPs accredited group exercise CPDs – to boost earning and employment potential.
- Strong links with employers so that we can help get you into work upon graduating.
Full Time Personal Trainer Certificate Course Format
This Level 2 Gym Instructor will develop students to a competent and confident level to plan and instruct gym exercise programmes, covering subjects including:
- Anatomy & physiology
- Warm ups, dynamic stretching, cool downs and developmental stretching
- Develop a key understanding of the programming principles
- How to use functional and innovative gym equipment
- The use of cardiovascular equipment
- Introduction to body weight training
- Effective customer care
- Promoting physical activity to the general public
The Level 2 Gym Instructor course consists of a number of modules:
- Level 2 Health, Safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Level 2 Knowing how to support Clients who take part in physical activity
- Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health
- Level 2 Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Level 2 Gym based practical
- Level 2 Programme Card Design
Level 3 Personal Training Component:
This Level 3 Personal Trainer course will develop students to an experienced and confident level to plan and implement 1 – 2 – 1 exercise programmes, covering subjects including:
- Anatomy & physiology
- Programming principles for personal trainers (including special populations and different environments)
- Nutrition and weight management
- Delivering personal training sessions (including functional and portable equipment)
- Functional Training and Movement Analysis
- Client Lifestyle & Fitness Appraisal (including lifestyle and stress management)
- Postural and Core Stability
- Flexibility Methods
- Core Training
- Introduction to Special Populations: obesity, diabetes and asthma
- Introduction to communication, motivational techniques and behaviour change strategies
Full Time Personal Trainer Certificate Entry Requirements:
There are no pre-requisites for this course, however students will need to be at least 16 years old with a reasonable level of fitness as well as reading, writing and numeracy skills.
Full Time Personal Trainer Certificate courses price includes:
- CYQ personal trainer course registrations and the full personal trainer qualification
- All personal trainer training manuals, workbooks and worksheets
- All CYQ personal trainer course assessments
- Full CYQ and Discovery Learning Personal Trainer Certification on successful completion of criteria
- CPD credits on REPs and you will be eligible for full Level 3 Personal Trainer Status
- First Aid at work Qualification
Full Time Personal Trainer Course Certifications & Qualifications:
- CYQ Level 3: Certificate in Personal Training (QCF)
- Discovery Learning Certificate: Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- First Aid at work certifcate