A level 2 Gym/Fitness Instructor Course is the foundation course for a career in the fitness industry. This course is offered as a Central YMCA (CYQ) qualification which is internationally recognised and designed with flexibility in mind. This level 2 Gym (Fitness) Instructor course is offered either as blended learning (a combination of 4 weeks of home study and two full days of practical workshops) or as a full time intensive (8 days of tutor led attendance). Either option will provide entry level to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REP’s) at level 2 and the qualification to work as a fitness instructor in the UK or overseas.
Gym/ Fitness Instructor Course Content:
This Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym Course) will develop students to a competent and confident level to plan and instruct gym exercise programmes within a gym environment, covering subjects including:
- Anatomy & physiology
- Warm ups, dynamic stretching, cool downs and developmental stretching
- Develop a key understanding of the programming principles
- How to use functional and innovative gym equipment
- The use of cardiovascular equipment
- Introduction to body weight training
- Effective customer care
- Promoting physical activity to the general public
Gym/ Fitness Instructor Course Format:
Part Time Option
Part Time (blended learning) gym (fitness) instructor course comprises 4-6 weeks of home study (distance learning) working for around 8 – 10 hours per week to achieve the 60 hours of home study required. All learning materials are despatched on point of enrolment and these will include: Gym Instructor Manual, Level 2 Mandatory Fitness Modules and a Gym Instructor work book. Our dedicated gym instructor student support team will then contact you to start your home study and they will continue to support you throughout your learning journey.
Venue dependant we have 2 part time formats.
Format 1 – Attendance is required for 3 consecutive days (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) for tutorials and assessments. The first 2 days will involve working in small groups with an experienced Fitness Tutor, where the majority of time will be spent in a gym environment. The third day will be your practical assessment and you will be provided with a 2 hour slot when you will attend for the final time. For this session you will be required to bring along a friend or family member that will act as your subject for your practical assessment.
Format 2 – Attendance is required for 2 consecutive days (Saturday & Sunday) for tutorials and assessments. The third day will commence 1 week later (sometimes 2 weeks depending upon venue availability) on the saturday and will be your practical assessment where you will be provided with a 2 hour slot. For this session you will be required to bring along a friend or family member that will act as your subject for your practical assessment.
The part time fitness instructor course can be completed in around 4-6 weeks.
Gym/ Fitness Instructor Course Assessment:
- 1 x 50 minute hour multiple choice examination (Anatomy & Physiology)
- 1 x 50 minute hour multiple choice examination (Principles of Exercise & Fitness)
- 1 x 1 hour practical assessment (with your subject)
- 2 x worksheets (Health & Safety and Programme Lesson Plan)
Gym/ Fitness Instructor Certification & Qualification:
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) – Gym Based Exercise
Price £450 includes:
- CYQ registration, assessment and CYQ qualification certificate
- All gym Instructor course tuition, materials and online / telephone support
- Gym Instructor Course manuals, workbooks and an interactive DVD
- 20 CPD credits on REP’s (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Eligibility to join Register of Exercise Professionals at level 2
No prior qualifications are required though a reasonable level of fitness is. Writing and numeracy skills are also required for presentation of the gym instructor (fitness Instructor) course work.
Read More here
Visit our website to check more personal training courses.